Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Procrastinator

I should be writing my paper. I really should. Somehow, in all the panic of the weekend, I forgot I had a seven page paper due tomorrow. How does one forget to write an entire paper? I've started it. Three quarters of a page done. I keep looking at knitting patterns instead of researching the problems of genre in Shakespeare.

To be fair, some of the knitting patterns are pretty cool. I think maybe sleep deprivation, and a very poor diet (I'm eating, don't worry...it's just all the bad stuff) have made me a little loopy. I'm angry that I had to park in the Mt. Olivet parking lot again today, that when I got to the parking lot on campus, everyone driving a car decided to act like a complete moron.

EDIT. I removed some of what I posted earlier...because I was in a bad mood when I wrote that.

Hopefully I can get a ride to my car tonight, else I won't be getting home till 11pm or later because the shuttle only runs on half hour intervals, and when I'm getting out of class, it is just leaving campus. I just want to start my knitting class right now so I can have something in the week to look forward to besides homework or picking up my needles.

I barely even have the time for knitting, and that just annoys the hell out of me. I am mastering knitting and reading at the same time, but I can only do that with books I don't have to hold open, of which I have few for class. Still haven't found that happy place between school and life, and school keeps interrupting my damn zen.

I'm not going to break down or anything, I'm just worried about burning out at the end of this year. Maybe next semester or year I will find a job to hold down and take one less class per semester. This may seem like it might exasperate the problem, but having money rarely hurts me. Except for that one time.

Someone is paying me to knit them a scarf. It will be a gift for her mother, which means I'm going to have to do a fantastic job. Maybe I'll get some return business from it?

Enough procrastinating, time to finish my paper.