Sunday, September 9, 2007

Databases are henceforth banned.

Whew, am I tired. I need to set up some new sort of reading schedule, because there is no way I can get all of this stuff done in one day (not that I was trying...before you start to scold). There are just two dozen things to keep up with at once. I have my assistantship work (and individually entering names into a database which I had to build is extremely tedious and time-consuming PLUS working on the Department website PLUS the Arts and Sciences College Comp Journal).

This on top of homework, in addition to wondering how I am going to swing the $50 ticket each to go see three live Shakespeare performances is a little nerve wracking. I know my parents will give me the money if I ask, but it seems a little outrageous that the professor expects us to do this. I guess she expects we all live in Arlington and don't have to commute 50 minutes to get there and into D.C. (not that I would drive into D.C., I haven't gone off the deep end yet). That we can get to small local theaters easier than the Folger one. Fortunately some of my fellow assistants have offered to go with me, so that will help.

I don't meant to rant. She's a good teacher. If it was maybe two performances instead of three, I wouldn't have such problems. In any case, life outside of class is okay. I'm almost done knitting the green scarf, just need to figure out how to cast off. I'd post a picture, but I'm just not feeling up to it.

I start tutoring Latin on Thursday, for money. I get to work with something I enjoy, and my student is this really great woman.

I guess I will finish writing my response paper now. Then-sleep.







RIP Luciano Pavarotti, the world was your opera.

No comments: