Sunday, August 26, 2007

This is mostly just for me

I completed my first hat. I also made my first attempt at using photobucket.
The hat is a combo of double and single crochet, and it is a pattern (sorta) from Stitch n' Bitch: The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. I used a worsted weight wool/acrylic blend by Pattons. The pattern is close, but I made a few mistakes, which I've tried to hide because I didn't want to frog it (again).
Anyway, pictures!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My next project will probably be a gift for my sister-in-law eventually. I have some Homespun pinkish yarn, and I really don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. I blame poor lighting. I'm just working it up in a double crochet. I wanted to try a few easy scarves before I moved on to my Harry Potter scarves. I plan on doing a Ravenclaw (movie colors) and Gryffindor scarf.

I went to a real yarn store for the first time yesterday, and I was a bit overwhelmed and underfunded. Eventually I will have the money to be a complete yarn snob. And eventually I will be able to complete projects so well that I will not need to pull them out two or three times in the creation process.

On a heavier note, I start my graduate classes Tuesday, and I'm so nervous that if I think about it too hard, I set my asthma off.

Well, off to work on my weird pink scarf.

No comments: