No, the world is not coming to an end. I'm just procrastinating. Again. With Summer Break quickly approaching (I'm ecstatic), I decided to create a Summer Resolution List of things I wanted to accomplish this summer.
1. Get a job. Self-explanatory. I need moneys.
2. Do more colorwork. Start the Anemoi Mittens and Endpaper Mitts and finish the Celtic Braided Fingerless Gloves. I've started them, but you won't see pictures until they are completely done.
3. Finish Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. It has been sitting, half-read, on my desk for a month now, and that irritates me.
4. Clean out my bedroom at my parent's house so they can renovate. The dresser and one of the bookshelves is done, but I'm such a slacker...
5. Take a trip to NYC. This is actually in the works. My roommate and I will probably go for a few days in July and see a "show." Who knows what else.
6. Get some more exercise. I'm a lump. (Does anyone remember that song, "Lump" by Presidents of the United States of America? You know..."Lump lingered last in line for brains / and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane" I wonder where I put that CD...)
7. Visit Blacksburg. I miss you guys (and Souvlaki's, and Easy Chair, oh and Gillie's, and there is this great bakery on main street)
8. Sneeze less. Really, my tissue box can't keep up.
9. Organize my room so it doesn't look like a college student's junk yard. Ikea may be involved. (This resolution can only be completed if Resolution 1 is also completed).
10. Make a list of ten resolutions because I like a nice even number and ten has a good ring to it.
Hell yes, I'm ahead of the game!
I also plan to make my cousin Elizabeth answer her phone more often. This isn't a resolution so much as it is an inevitable fact. Be afraid, be very afraid.