Friday, April 4, 2008

The break seems to be over

I was invited to read a paper at a student research conference in two weeks, and while I really wanted to, it is on a bad day, so I can't. I guess the honor counts? Although the experience would be better.

My tax rebate came in, and I am behaving myself with it. Just bought a pair of pants and two shirts (on the cheap) to wear to work. I am desperately tempted to buy myself a PSP and the FFVII game. But I don't have time to play video games. I've wanted a PSP for a while, but it will have to wait until I have a salaried job (never) I guess. By the time I can buy one, they'll stop making them. Pffft.

Got offered a teaching job at one of the campuses of the local community college for a Comp class, but I discovered I don't have enough credits (one class short) and it is in Loudon which is just too far away. I got pretty excited at having a real job for about five minutes (and no, I do not want to be a teacher once I finish school up). So what I really need are job recommendations. Preferably not retail, hopefully part time, and maybe 2-3 days during the week, within a reasonable distance. I will need it for the summer and into the school year. I'm tired of other people supporting me financially.

Not really happy with class right now. Don't understand anything. Can't pay attention. Everything seems to be going well for the people around me, but I'm kinda stagnating. Can't.wait.for.summer.

They have been doing construction outside of my building for the past few weeks. It is getting a little old. And before you recommend it, the library is not any quieter. Blah, one of those days.

1 comment:

Phil said...

1) Check your mail next week.
2) Would you just move to Portland with me and experience the fun of a pretty new town?