Friday, December 21, 2007

Dashing

I finished my pair of Dashing! I cannot model both in a picture, I have not mastered taking a picture with my nose, so you will just have to trust me on this one:

Photobucket

The next pair I make will have a few modifications. I will either add another cable, or make it a bit shorter between the third cable and the thumb. I love the yarn, it's full of alpaca goodness.

In my one week of break so far, I have finished two knitting projects (Dashing and a basic scarf for my niece) and have read two books (Elantris by Brandon Sanderson, and something by R.A. Salvatore). I love Christmas break. Also made some cookies for the family:

Photobucket

They are yummy, and ridiculously unhealthy. In addition to the cookies, I made some Carolina Delights, Peppermint Bark, and Brownies.

AND! My friend Anne made me a scarf! I've been wearing it all day today:

Photobucket

This, on top of getting my grades, has made this a very good week. I originally confused my midterm grades with my final grades, but I have everything straight now, and I made all A's. I'm not really sure how I managed that in one of the classes, except that the professor took pity on my poor tired mind.

Well, I restarted the Pirate Mittens, and will be starting Black Forest Braided Gloves next week. I'm taking a few projects to my parents because it is nearly impossible to get on the internet there, and when I do get on, I don't like to stay on because it ties up my brother's phone line. I'll have my cell phone with me, but no promises on answering. I don't like talking on the phone much, and I'll be pretty busy. I will be out of town until Saturday, the 30th, immersed in Christmas stuff, video games, books, and knitting.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments: