Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Got my Knitting Mojo Back

Been a little unsure the past few months about my knitting mojo. I've had several failures, so when I decided to cast on a toe-up sock, I was a little worried I might snap my DPNs and give up entirely (for a week).

Instead, I got this on the FIRST try:

002

Pattern: Universal Toe-Up Sock Pattern by Amy Swenson [Ravelry Link]
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock, colorway S245
Needles: US 2 1/2 (3.00mm)
Notes: I am working over 56 sts with larger needles because the yarn is closer to a sport weight.

AND, just so I can brag a little bit more. I finished a bit of Christmas Knitting:

Pattern: Basic Mitten Pattern from a leaflet I got at my LYS
Recipient: Michelle
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted
Needles: US 5 and 7

001

I am on a roll. Now if I could only get those two 20-page papers done for next week....and study for that pesky final exam. And maybe work on my thesis.

Or maybe I will just work on my sock for a while longer.

(Also, thanks for the compliments in the previous post's comments about the hat and robot. The robot is actually a pencil sharpener too. How freakin cool is that? Scott knows what I'm talking about.)

No comments: