Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Five Minute Window Curtain

So I wanted something to cover the top half of my windows to block some of the heat from the afternoon soon, but I still wanted to be able to lie on my bed and see to read (or *cough* knit) without the lamp. So my solution was to make a half window cover to hang on the hideous brass cafe rod in my room.

Two yards of fabric, the rotary cutter, and some velcro strips later, and voila:

IMG_1138

Fabric close-up:

IMG_1140

I made a no-sew curtain. Essentially, I cheated. The fabric isn't anything special. It just caught my eye at JoAnn's. I'm just thankful it's not crooked. I am the queen of cutting fabric at bizarre angles. I can't draw a straight line with a stencil, let alone cut one.

Going to go knit something now....I mean, do homework.

Right.

No comments: