Saturday, August 30, 2008

Doom Doom deDoom Doom

So neat yarn with interesting names make me happy, like this one from Blue Moon Fiber Arts, called "Jabberwocky:"

025

But I doubt you know about another joy. I like to hand sew things (the by hand part isn't really a choice--I don't particularly have the money or space for a good sewing machine).

These will be a few pillowcases:

027

I'm a sucker for the Asian themed fabrics and the Batiks (new additions to the collection).

In other news, I have had a tremendous headache for the past two days that no amount of Ibuprofen can seem to get rid of. It makes reading difficult. No worries, I haven't really gotten back in to the school rythym anyway.

The first sweater (Central Park Hoodie) I am working on is coming along nicely. The back is almost done:

IMG_1100

My next three big projects (deep breath) will be another hoodie from Vogue Knitting and a pair of mittens from the same issue. Vogue Knitting has notoriously difficult patterns, so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

The real challenge will be the Faux Russian Stole from A Gathering of Lace. Pictures of someone else's project here.

Elizabeth, if you are reading this, keep an eye out for a package in the mail.

The headache is raging now. All for today.

No comments: