Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Shakespeare has my souul

In the past week, I have had more experience working with Macbeth and Othello than I care to admit. I wrote a paper on guilt and catharsis in Macbeth, and in seven hours, will be doing a 20 minute presentation on Transformation and Comedy in Othello.

I'm just a little nervous.

I've been insanely busy over the past week. I had to read Operation Shylock over the weekend, and it is a long and intense book. Ridiculously difficult, in fact. Class was cancelled this week though, so I have some more time to figure it out, and reread parts. Fall Break is next week, so I won't have the class then either. Only missing one class, though.

Anyway, I made a dishcloth from this pattern. It was fun to make, and not difficult. Shows how much of a Harry Potter nerd I am:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First week of knitting classes went well. I learned a better way of casting on, and found out we will be making mittens in the class as out major project, which is exciting. Otherwise, I knew how to knit and purl, I just need to retrain how I hold the yarn. I have a feeling to really learn everything that I posted on the list, I'm going to need to take the set of classes a few times. I don't want it to take years, but I have a feeling that is what it is going to take.

Dangit.

Have I mentioned how nervous I am about this presentation? I hate speaking in front of people. Narf, guess I'll have to get over it. I'll let you know how it goes.