Saturday, October 2, 2010

Not really here...

I haven't been much of a blogger recently....mostly because I haven't been much of a talker recently. There is a good reason, but not one I am interested in talking about.

Since I last posted, I have gone to Otakon in Baltimore. It was a lot of fun, and I was in good company. However, a fire alarm at the convention center and the subsequent evacuation kind of pushed me to the edge on the stress level. After some sleep though, I was happy.

I also went to see Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Center, which was fantastic in a thousand different ways. And again, I was in good company, which made it even better. (The only disappointment is that I will never EVER win a game of Yellow Car.)

I have been apartment hunting. The search could be going better, but I will find something eventually.

I am still knitting along, and playing with my new camera.

Pictures with the new camera:

IMG_2004

IMG_2003

IMG_1969

I still need to work on figuring out the lighting and all of the camera features...

Here are some pictures of recently finished knitting projects (photos taken with the old camera). Links are to Ravelry (no membership required to view).

Kerchief started at Otakon.
IMG_1937

A hat using some leftover yarns.
IMG_1913

Another hat with some interesting construction.
IMG_1884

I also managed to practice some of my crochet skills with flowers. I still need a lot of practice, but I can at least do more than chain now.

Flowers for Grandma.

IMG_2178

IMG_2167

No comments: